Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"With & Without" series 1

The pieces I submitted to this year's VisualFringe are from two series entitled "With & Without." They are inspired by the blog posts of people who are with and without significant others. There's something about being online that makes people feel freer to share their innermost desires and fears. Consider this a peek into their personal lives by proxy!

People have been asking me about the backstories for these pieces. Here are the excerpts from the blogs that served as my inspiration.


SERIES 1
16"x24" - mixed media on canvas

A complicated dance
Title: A complicated dance
Inspiration: Why is everything with you such a complicated dance? I don’t know the steps or who’s leading and no matter what I do, I’m always stepping on your toes.








An irresistible temptation
Title: An irresistible temptation
Inspiration: I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but I just can’t help myself. I feel like I’m swept up in some damned Harlequin romance.








I choose booze
Title: I choose booze
Inspiration: He said to me, "Given the choice between you and booze, I choose booze." Nice to know I was one of the possible choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment